Page 1 of 1

Re: 1977 32ft flybridge sdn

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 7:42 am
by China3905
My husband purchased this boat 3 years ago. From someone who just had it sitting at a dock. We got it running and would take it out for fishing. This last year we would go out on two engines and come back on one. Our marina said this year they only could get one engine started after storing it this past winter. They claim that it has a wiring issue now and that it will be costly. I have the owners manual and I think the wiring diagram. Should I get a second opinion? My gut tells me the marina doesn't want to be bothered. My boat is old which he constantly reminds me. I think he just interested in selling me a boat then fixing what we have.

Donna smalls
77 32ft flybridge sdn
Bear Delaware

Re: Re: 1977 32ft flybridge sdn

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 5:40 am
by SunbeamIV
Donna,
I had a similar issue with my Marinette. The yard mechanic told me that the old electronic ignition was degraded and advised that an upgrade would fix the problem. He replaced the distributors and coils with upgraded Petronix components which completely fixed the problem. Not sure if your boat has the same problem, but it is definitely a possibility.
-Scott