Re: 1977 32ft flybridge sdn

A/C & D/C Wiring, GPS, Radios, etc.
Post Reply
China3905
New poster
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:07 am

Re: 1977 32ft flybridge sdn

Post by China3905 »

My husband purchased this boat 3 years ago. From someone who just had it sitting at a dock. We got it running and would take it out for fishing. This last year we would go out on two engines and come back on one. Our marina said this year they only could get one engine started after storing it this past winter. They claim that it has a wiring issue now and that it will be costly. I have the owners manual and I think the wiring diagram. Should I get a second opinion? My gut tells me the marina doesn't want to be bothered. My boat is old which he constantly reminds me. I think he just interested in selling me a boat then fixing what we have.

Donna smalls
77 32ft flybridge sdn
Bear Delaware
Attachments
Screenshot_20260921_084001_Gallery.jpg
SunbeamIV
Tin star
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:47 am

Re: Re: 1977 32ft flybridge sdn

Post by SunbeamIV »

Donna,
I had a similar issue with my Marinette. The yard mechanic told me that the old electronic ignition was degraded and advised that an upgrade would fix the problem. He replaced the distributors and coils with upgraded Petronix components which completely fixed the problem. Not sure if your boat has the same problem, but it is definitely a possibility.
-Scott
Scott, 32' 1989 sedan flybridge
Located: Edgewater Yacht Club
Lake Erie
Post Reply