Choosing a paint color

Things that are of general interest.
Rockit
Aluminum Star

Re: Choosing a paint color

Post by Rockit »

Thanks.

I had Nowak Commercial Refinishing in Amity, PA do the job. If I had it to do over again, I would have stripped the hardware myself (So I could have had some of it re-chromed or replaced.) and had the deck painted white or a light blue. I had it done in the spring of 2012 while I was living abroad. It was first splashed after the paint job in 2013 and I've buffed and waxed the hull every fall. I use a cleaner on the deck and a cleaner/wax on the cabin and hardtop. So far, the paint has held up well and the only blemishes are a three inch scratch from a pontoon boat whose operator was three sheets to the wind and a longer scratch only a keen eye can see from where she kissed a concrete wharf. I was able to buff everything else out. I keep wondering if the occasional DIY paint job would have been easier than buffing out the hull every fall.

Good luck,

Joe
Joe Napoli
1977 28' Express
Twin raw water cooled 318s
Beaver River--near mile 25 on the Ohio
tundrarules
Aluminum Star

Post by tundrarules »

White topside. That sea foam green in the awlgrip pic is sweet for the hull!
1985 29 Sedan
Edelbrock 1409 carbs
Mallory distributors
Pertronix Flame-Thrower coil & wires
780 hrs/eng
TN River, MM 213.8

:mrgreen:
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Dark hulls are much easier to see at a difference. The main reason most f-berglass boats are white is best explained by an old body shop ditty:

White, white the body shop delight!
Hides every screw up in sight!

Jeff (Former body man)
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington