A little crazy?

Corrosion, Paint, Through Hulls, etc.
TinLizzy
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: A little crazy?

Post by TinLizzy »

LCR, did you purchase all the Mercruiser stuff new or did you buy a donor boat for it?
I would be very interested, as I'm sure many others are as well, in seeing all that you have done with your 32.
Rodney
1975 28 Express-Twin 350 Chevy's, SOLD
1990 32 Express--Twin Mercruiser 454 with Bravo I outdrives
Portage Canal Waterway-Upper Peninsula,Lake Superior
TinLizzy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by TinLizzy »

I will post more pics when I get a chance, but I'm not very tech savvy, so it won't be for awhile. I don't know how to shrink them on my phone. So I have to download onto the computer, then shrink them down to make them small enough to post. It usually takes me a few hours to do, so bear with me.
Rodney
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

I think emailing from your phone to yourself may be a quick way to shrink the size of the pix. When you do that iPhone (maybe the Android phones do the same) gives you the option of sending at full resolution or smaller (large/medium/small). Try medium first and then small.
Once you have the emails on your computer, you can pull out the pix (put them into a folder long term access or on your desktop temporarily) for posting.
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
LCR

Post by LCR »

Hi TinLizzy, I bought a new Mercruiser Mag 350 MPI and Diesel Bravo3 X. Before anyone runs out and tries this it is a hydrofoil, so I don't see just putting a Bravo 3 giving the same result.
TinLizzy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by TinLizzy »

LCR, That has to be quite a sight! I was wondering how you were getting roughly the same mph out of a single 350, vs. twin 454's.
Rodney
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Love to see some photos of this installation.

Jeff

PS: Just recently I watched an old Carver struggling like mad to get on plane as it crawled across the Chesapeake Bay. By comparison, my old 32 footer jumped on plane at half throttle. Hell of a boat!
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

TinLizzy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:47 pm At 3k rpm while fully loaded and at 29-30 mph it burns around 24-25ish gallons an hour for 1.15 to 1.2 mpg. When I am light, it bumps up to 1.3. If I drop it the rpm to 2800 while light, I get 1.4 mpg at 27-28 mph. According to my Garmin flow meters. I have a few pics showing my running numbers that I will try to upload off my phone when I have more time.
That is much better than I would have anticipated.
After my outboard conversion, I burn 27 gph cruising at 35mph when I am very heavily loaded.
Running 50mph with the same load, my burn rate approaches 50gph.
Running with just my wife and I with 200 gallons of fuel on board, I burn about 22gph at 35mph.
Basically yielding 1.3mpg loaded and 1.6 unloaded at cruising speed and still yielding an astounding 1mpg at WOT.
Before I re-propped, I was getting over 2mpg unloaded and my WOT speed was over 60mph.
But my loaded mpg was horrible and engine load was over 60% at cruising speeds. I changed 4" of pitch to get it where I needed.
HoHum 1969 Marinette 28 Sportsman dive boat with twin 250hp outboards
Andianna 1977 Marinette 32 Express
Scuba diving charters on the Great Lakes
www.belowthegrade.com
TinLizzy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by TinLizzy »

Tracy, I believe I can improve on those numbers as well. Depending on which Bravo outdrive I buy next, there is more propping to try. I believe a duo prop Bravo III would be the best for cruising and efficiency, but good used ones are hard to come by for the price that I'm willing to pay. Overall at this point, I am pleased with the performance and efficiency. But there is always room for improvement!
Rodney
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

60 MPH!!! Are you serious? That would be the fastest Marinette in history.

Slow Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

Fastjeff wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:10 pm 60 MPH!!! Are you serious? That would be the fastest Marinette in history. Slow Jeff
Amen
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD