Newbie....Should have done this first

Things that are of general interest.
balthaus
Aluminum Star

Newbie....Should have done this first

Post by balthaus »

Hello,
I have posted a couple of threads already ( and had nothing but friendly advice and words of wisdom ) but have not really given any introduction or background.
Since there is no section for "new member introduction" I will post this here ( mods/admin please move if necessary)
I am sure this story will sound sooooo familiar to many of you.
I have been boating off and on ( on the Ohio River and various Ky lakes since age 6, now 45) mainly on Marinette's.
My wife and daughter both have enjoyed the time they have spent on the water and I would love to have this as a family hobby.
I have been looking and lusting after a 32ft SDFB for many years. I scour the web, blah, blah,blah.
Budget is an issue but my time & labor is something that I can provide to the boat.
My budget, by boating standards, is meager (15k or less), however there are some Marinette's out there in that range.
Please bear with me and thanks for the kind responses so far, as well as thank you in advance
Ben
1984 32' Sedan FB
Twin Chrysler 360's
1.52:1 Velvet Drives
Raw water cooled
Ohio River
marinetteman
Site Admin

Re: Newbie....Should have done this first

Post by marinetteman »

balthaus wrote:Hello,
I have posted a couple of threads already ( and had nothing but friendly advice and words of wisdom ) but have not really given any introduction or background.
Since there is no section for "new member introduction" I will post this here ( mods/admin please move if necessary)
I am sure this story will sound sooooo familiar to many of you.
I have been boating off and on ( on the Ohio River and various Ky lakes since age 6, now 45) mainly on Marinette's.
My wife and daughter both have enjoyed the time they have spent on the water and I would love to have this as a family hobby.
I have been looking and lusting after a 32ft SDFB for many years. I scour the web, blah, blah,blah.
Budget is an issue but my time & labor is something that I can provide to the boat.
My budget, by boating standards, is meager (15k or less), however there are some Marinette's out there in that range.
Please bear with me and thanks for the kind responses so far, as well as thank you in advance
Ben
There is a personal section for this... but only logged in members can see those postings.
Thank you
37 Foot Sedan Twin EFI Crusader 350s
Admin (forum founder)
Marinetteman (marinettejoe) BigM
balthaus
Aluminum Star

Post by balthaus »

Doh,
I see that now.
1984 32' Sedan FB
Twin Chrysler 360's
Raw water cooled
Ohio River
bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bill »

BigM
Have you looked at this one :?:
http://monroemi.craigslist.org/boa/4588890751.html :D
This boat has been on a hoist for many years. Great price :!:
bill
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill
balthaus
Aluminum Star

Post by balthaus »

Thanks Bill,
I will give them a shout
1984 32' Sedan FB
Twin Chrysler 360's
Raw water cooled
Ohio River
Cabinfever
Tin star

Post by Cabinfever »

If you haven't yet, go check out the Marinette Facebook page also. There are a few boats for sale there, along with other interesting post. It seems there are always Marinettes for sale. One Saturday me and my wife were driving around, I told her (I want a 28 Marinette), we drove to all of the local Marinas and boat shops and asked if there were any for sale (we didn't even look in the classifies, Craigslist or any thing), I found one 26 and two 28s in one day. 3 weeks later (after some finagling, building a trailer to get it home [the trailer fits the boat better now], and selling my old boat), one of them was in my driveway. It was a fun experience looking for my M, hope your enjoying it as much as I did. Good luck in your search.
Joe
1977 28 Express
Single 318
(RESTORATION IS ALL THE ROUTINE MATIANANCE AT ONCE)
Tranquilo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Tranquilo »

I know of an INCREDIBLE 32ft late 80's model that the owner is dying to sell and would make that deal (knowing damn well it is a horrible deal for him) - just talked to him an hour ago. Only thing is - you'd need to ship it from Lake Erie

I should have bought it but was a month early buying my old 28. I'll have that much into it before I'm done
2x 1973 28 Express - Single 318
New electrical panels, water system and velvet drive
Miami FL & Catawba OH