Replacement Windows

Fresh & Waste Water Systems, Climate Control, etc.
fpc310
Tin star

Replacement Windows

Post by fpc310 »

I’m considering replacing the sliding windows and tracks in our 32 sedan Flybridge. Are there any recommendations for a glass guy anywhere near Port Clinton OH?
Todd
1983 32’ SedanFlybridge
Twin 318 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: Replacement Windows

Post by jralbert »

If you replace, consider using tinted glass - tinted to whatever degree works for you - to reduce cabin overheating on hot summer days. On tracks, urge you to not use the plastic ones, if possible because they don't last long. Assume that's what you have now. Also, with aluminum tracks, try to put a glide strip at the base to keep the windows moving smoothly.
Lots of auto glass/window glass places in PC area
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

And don't use Lexan like I did--it yellowed in about 6 or 7 years.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
fpc310
Tin star

Post by fpc310 »

It looks like the poly glide that was listed on eBay is gone now. I remember reading the guy’s post a while back saying he was going to sell out and get out of that business. I don’t know how necessary the poly glide is?
Todd
1983 32’ SedanFlybridge
Twin 318 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
TinChips
Tin star

Post by TinChips »

If you have the aluminum track, you do need to "poly glide" (plastic stripping). This helps the windows slide better. I took over the selling of the plastic stripping from Carl P (who was selling it on eBay) as he didn't want to do it any more. You can find it on:
https://marinetteparts.com/

As a side note, I have a length of Plastic Window Track and was thinking about getting a batch made. Modern plastic manufacturing would put UV inhibitors in the plastic so I don't think the UV damage is as much an issue as in the past. Anyone interested in the Plastic, please let me know. craig.purnell@gmail.com
fpc310
Tin star

Post by fpc310 »

Perfect. I’ll track down some aluminum tracks and I’ll arrange for some polyglide too. Thanks for the help.
Todd
1983 32’ SedanFlybridge
Twin 318 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bill »

BigM
Just saying,, My 1975 37' has the original plastic tracks and they are still going strong. :shock:
bill
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill