Value question 32 express bridge

martindesign
Aluminum Star

Value question 32 express bridge

Post by martindesign »

So with the recent depreciation of big M's combined with the strange under valuing in general of these boats I would love to keep ours forever. With that said, my wife and I have discussed taking a few years off from boating and thought about selling versus storing our boat. It's a 1969 32 express bridge with 440s w 1000 hours. Mechanically the boat is sound and very reliable, new bottom paint, no corrosion issues, a new inverter / charger, galvanic isolator, nice stereo, hydrolic steering, new stainless rudders, decent canvas, Bimini. Etc. Nice boat but shows her age. I am clueless to asking price. I feel the boat is worth 15-16 because of the power but I want to be realistic. What is this boat worth in this market? 10k?
Attachments
FB_IMG_1499376557708.jpg
Machanic, fabricator, carpenter, plumber, electrician, designer, hotrod builder and glutton for punishment. :ugeek: current boat; 1969 Marinette 32 express bridge 440's
Catawba Oh
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Re: Value question 32 express bridge

Post by Fastjeff »

Embarrassingly little, I'm afraid.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
honestcharlie56
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by honestcharlie56 »

If it were me I would probably store it. It sounds as though you have alot of money tied up into the boat. If you have her where you like her and honestly plan on starting back up in a few years, just keep it. Instead of spending your effort trying to unload her, look for a cheap place to keep her. Maybe plan 3-4 site visits a year to keep the boat clean and start the engines. You could plan little projects for the site visits, which can be completed at an easy pace since you have three years to complete them!
1990 Marinette 32 Sedan Flybridge "Hubba" Lake Charles, LA
Twin Chrysler 318's
barkleydave
Site Admin

Post by barkleydave »

I saw a 1990 32 with Fresh engines (125 hrs) Gen, AC, New Refrig. New HD Steering, All canvas 1 year old and new interior just to mention a few of the upgrades Oh.. radar and new Plotter etc.

Sold for 14K Ouch a steal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

safe boating,
dave
1987 Marinette 29 FB Sedan
Retired Boat Accident UL and USCG trained investigator
Retired USCG Captain
barkleydave
Site Admin

Post by barkleydave »

My 29 is for sale and a nice boat. I would like 15K if not I will donate it sometime in the future. No sense dumping on market and lowering the prices for the rest of our Big M owners.

All so sad... Cash talks and banks will not loan on these classic Yachts.

dave
1987 Marinette 29 FB Sedan
Retired Boat Accident UL and USCG trained investigator
Retired USCG Captain
Rockxx
Aluminum Star

Post by Rockxx »

I'm done also. In my part of the world you can't get anyone to work on the old chryslers. One 1972 28' express, single 318, starts good, idles good, miss under load, is for sale. Also looking at donating, just to be done. Tired of dealing with a problem that I have no control over. Have trailer but will separate in order to try to get some of my money back. Damn, I like this boat.
Regards to all,
Rockxx
1972 28' express "Safari"
Single Chrysler 318
Center Hill Lake, Tennessee
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

If MartinDesign truly loves the boat and intends to come back to the sport after a few years, doing the math would be useful. Tally the cost of mothballing, storage, insurance (yes), de-mothballing. Compare that to what you're likely to get for the boat (always less than you think or hope), banking it, then finding another boat when you are in the mood to9 boat again. And now factor the cost of bringing that boat up to the standard you've achieved with the current (boat) mistress.

Just off the top of my head, the last part tilts the equation toward mothballing and making periodic visits to pat the bottom. But if you think getting back into boating is not likely, find a motivated buyer and be a motivated seller. good luck with your decision
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
martindesign
Aluminum Star

Post by martindesign »

Thanks guys, at the end of the day it doesn't pay to mothball her for a few years, boats break just sitting and it'll still need maintenance. I've decided we're gonna keep running her.
Machanic, fabricator, carpenter, plumber, electrician, designer, hotrod builder and glutton for punishment. :ugeek: current boat; 1969 Marinette 32 express bridge 440's
Catawba Oh
honestcharlie56
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by honestcharlie56 »

Well thats even better!
1990 Marinette 32 Sedan Flybridge "Hubba" Lake Charles, LA
Twin Chrysler 318's