Thief at Aqualand Marina - Lake Lanier

Things that are of general interest.
duke52
New poster

Thief at Aqualand Marina - Lake Lanier

Post by duke52 »

Hello folks,

I haven't been very active on this forum, but have been thankful for the information that it has shared for years now.

This past winter we stored our 29 Sedan Flybridge in the self-service lot at Aqualand Marina. While there someone stole the several piece of brightwork. The handle on the outside of the salon where you walk towards the bow. The step-up handle above the back door/window, and the eyelets used to hold the doors under the helm on the flybridge open.

I'm deeply saddened that someone would take these as I have no idea where to find them to replace them. It also is our first bad experience with another boater (assumed).

I'd be willing to bet that the thief is someone one of us knows considering how few and far between our boats are. I'm not looking for them back (though that would be nice). If you run into them please rap them upside the head for me.

I'm looking for suggestions as to where I might purchase replacements. Any ideas?

I also need a starboard nav light as i managed to damage the lens.

Thanks for the great advice!
29' FBS, 318's
ericinga
Aluminum Star

Re: Thief at Aqualand Marina - Lake Lanier

Post by ericinga »

Sorry to hear about the theft. We're across the lake at Port Royale. Those are odd items to remove from a boat. I'll keep an eye out. There are not many Ms on the lake.

Many of those items are standard Perko pieces. The Sea Dog brand may also have similar pieces.

Eric
Eric Spies
1989 32 SDFB
Twin 318s
Lake Lanier, GA
Marinette Boat
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: Thief at Aqualand Marina - Lake Lanier

Post by jralbert »

Sorry for the inconvenience this petty crook has put you to. When it comes to what could have been filched, this is pretty small stuff. It's hard to visualize what was taken without pictures. Why not look around online at the offerings (including nav lights) by major vendors such as West Marine, Defender et al. You can also search for "marine hardware vendors". The variety of merchandise is endless and you'll likely not get an exact match but close enough may do it for you. Also, check boat junkyards if there are any in your area.

By the way, matches may be impossible on the nav light so be prepared to replace both (with LED lamps!) or just one and not worry that it doesn't match.
Good luck in your search
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD