Blower wiring.

DEnsign32
New poster

Blower wiring.

Post by DEnsign32 »

Replacing bilge blower. 73, 32ft sedan FB. Wire colors are white and green. Which one is positive? Which one is negative? New blower motor is wired with black and yellow. I know I can start following wires to find out. Was hoping someone knows the answer to save me some crawling around. Thanks for any info.
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Re: Blower wiring.

Post by Fastjeff »

Easiest way is to test the wires with a meter. One wire should go to ground; the other should rad open (with the switch off).

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bill »

BigM
White is ground 12v on my 75 Marinette.
bill
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bcassedy »

Easy check...
--> with your green and white wires NOT connected to the blower (hanging free and NOT touching anything!!)...

- use a volt meter set to 12v DC. Red lead plugged into correct connection. Black lead plugged into Common connection.
- touch/connect meters leads to yellow and white wires simultaneously (ex - meter black lead to green wire & red meter lead to yellow wire)
- If reading shows a " - " sign on the display, you have the meter's leads reversed. Change them around. This display (prior to changing them around) is negative voltage. No harm, no foul. Negative voltage is used in the Telecomm industry. You need positive voltage for your boat's 12v system.
- reading should now have NO " - " in front of the reading's number display. This is positive voltage and what you're looking for.
--> Note which wire the RED lead from your meter goes to which wire providing voltage to the blower.
- the blower's manual should show which wires " + " (positive) and which is " - " negative.
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.