exterior flooring suggestions needed

Fresh & Waste Water Systems, Climate Control, etc.
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: exterior flooring suggestions needed

Post by bcassedy »

Joel,

Good point....

... and since my nickname at home is "OverKill Bill" it would seem fitting... :D

Do you have any recommendations on epoxy product(s)?

Bill
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

bcassedy wrote:Do you have any recommendations on epoxy product(s)?
Over my pay grade -except i recall getting some at West Marine store and it may have been cheaper. I suspect (not for sure) there's not much difference among brands.
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
SunbeamIV
Tin star

Post by SunbeamIV »

I ordered the Lonseal from a company named “Ameriteak” located in Carson City NV. I ordered a 6’w x 14’ long roll, which was enough to do the entire aft deck and hatch. I used 1/2 gallon of the #650 adhesive they suggested.
The cost:
Lonmarine # 370 6x14 roll: $553.86
# 650 adhesive: $ 59.00

My aft deck is in three sections, not sure if that’s original, but I just folded over the edges and stapled with stainless staples like the Nautolex was. For the outside edges, I didn’t fold over, I just trimmed even with the edge. The deck sections fit perfectly under the door.
I used marine plywood from Toledo Plywood in Toledo Ohio, which I painted first. Not sure about Menards wood.
Scott, 32' 1989 sedan flybridge
Located: Edgewater Yacht Club
Lake Erie
EWRice
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by EWRice »

For those that need to use epoxy for coating the plywood, if using west system, make sure you use the "special clear" hardener. The other hardeners are designed for bonding or laying up glass. The special clear is for coating.
Muskegon Lake
1972 32' Express flybridge
"AL13"
Twin 318s
On board air & prime 920
1963 Thompson Super Sea Lancer
Graymarine 327
1961 Alumacraft 12'
'55 10hp Johnson
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

For those of you who don't do fiber glassing/ epoxy work, the additive he's talking about produces a tack free surface.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
CapnGary
Tin star

Post by CapnGary »

I haven't yet done anything but appreciate the responses.
Question?- How does one post pictures on the posts? It's nice to see the end result as well as the descriptions. The Lonseal looks great!
I wonder what the original Nautolex looked like. Not that has to look original, but curiosity has me wondering what the designers had in mind.
Thanks again.
Capn'Gary
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

PICTURES: When creating or replying to a post you'll see below, at the center of the message message a field for full editor. Click on that and that will bring up a tab "Attachments" down to the left side. Click on attachments and that will give you a fairly self-explanatory path to attach a JPG ophoto or drag it into the message box. I am not sure but I think attaching allows the group to click on the photo and have it come up larger on their screen. You can experiment. "Dumb down" the jpg first//that is reduce its file or pixel or resolution -however you wish to term it --size. Something that's 72-96 dpi will work for a screen. Pix that are many mb's in their original form may be too big for this hosting service.

When you are replying to a post and wish to post a pic, the attachments tab (under the message box on the left side) always appears - you don't have to click on another box first. Inconsistent but I can live with that
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
saltine
New poster

Post by saltine »

I found this site in my searches for something nicer than piano hinges for the hatches

https://jonnycorners.com/
shade2u2
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by shade2u2 »

saltine wrote:I found this site in my searches for something nicer than piano hinges for the hatches

https://jonnycorners.com/
Those do look pretty nice. I wonder how they hold up on the exterior deck.
John
1986 39 Sedan w/Crusader 454 & 1.92 drive.
former - '84 28 Express Hardtop w/single 360 1.5:1 drive (SOLD - now in Uruguay)
Ohio and Muskingum Rivers (Marietta, OH)