1985 39DC For Sale near Myrtle Beach SC $28000

bryandavis
New poster

1985 39DC For Sale near Myrtle Beach SC $28000

Post by bryandavis »

Matters of concern that exist and/or are works-in-progress:
*Starboard main will not run up to full throttle. I have not started working on this.
*Generator is currently non-op. It will run with overspeed module bypassed. It overheats when running on overspeed bypass.
*Port main has vibration.
*Edcoa inverter installation incomplete.
*Air horn inop.
*Salon has no 12v lighting.
*Both velvet drives rattle a little @ idle speed when hot.
*All exterior paint (except bottom) needs work. Rails have corrosion at deck. Lots of filler is popped up or broken out of low spots and corners.

She has twin Crusader 350HP/454 engines. Bottom was blasted to white last May, primed with chromate & black barrier (Sea Hawk), painted with Trilux. Many lights changed to LED. Both heads (Crown) work, plumbed overboard. They are also plumbed to holding tank. Galley functional. Both helms functional. One VHF & depth @ each helm. Tablets for OpenCPN at salon helm. Upper helm tablet still questionable running OpenCPN android port on. Fore and aft Cruisairs working. Replaced in 5/17: waste valves for heads & overboard macerator from tank. Overboard macerator. Some thru hull valves that were inop.

Pics https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzCMQ ... UNad05YOUU
Last edited by bryandavis on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Re: 1985 39DC For Sale near Myrtle Beach SC $38000

Post by Fastjeff »

One beautiful boat!

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
bryandavis
New poster

Post by bryandavis »

Bump. My Summer job had me away from the boat all Summer. I went back to Myrtle Beach in October, checked boat, started mains and ran them for about 20 minutes, shifted into & out of gear tied to dock. That's the most she's been used since initial post. Still for sale!
bryandavis
New poster

Re: 1985 39DC For Sale near Myrtle Beach SC $30000

Post by bryandavis »

Dropped price. Going to AK for Summer. No time for this boat.
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Busia »

As they say " Go farther North, send more money"
Welcome to Alaska.
BUSIA
located in Ketchikan, Alaska. Gods country
32 foot Marinette (no fly bridge)
twin 350 Crusader (Chev 350) engines
1:1 Borg Warner velvet drive transmissions
Closed cooling (antifreeze in the engine)
Proud to be retired IBEW and an A+P
bryandavis
New poster

Re: 1985 39DC For Sale near Myrtle Beach SC $28000

Post by bryandavis »

All reasonable offers considered. I'll be back at the boat (in MB) around 4/1 for about a week (haul for anodes, bottom paint in Shalotte NC probably). After that I'll be in AK 'til Sept/Oct. I am motivated to sell the boat.
***No longer going to AK. Unable to negotiate contract specs for new job there.*** I am planning a haul out when I get back to the beach. Exact time not yet determined. I will probably haul her in Shalotte NC or Wilmington NC.
bryandavis
New poster

Post by bryandavis »

Update on "Find the River". I am still hoping to sell her. I did haul her in May. Bottom cleaned & painted with Mission Bay and new Sealloy anodes. She has a coal tar epoxy foundation. Generator is running now. Purasan Hold 'n Treat is installed & running. Flybridge seats all reupholstered. Icemaker still doesn't work. Engines still need fine tuning. Going out for a cruise today!