bilge pump switch

ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

bilge pump switch

Post by ddependo »

My M was saved by Carl today. He walked by my boat and saw it listing. I must had hit the off switch on the bilge switch last week. My shafts leak a little and I haven't been there since last week. Why do they have a off switch? Doesn't make since to me. I'm going to rewire that and put in a high water alarm .
Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: bilge pump switch

Post by jralbert »

There may be a time - goodness knows when or why - you'll need the switch. Can you top it with one of those switch protector things that will serve as a reminder? or paint it? (good work, Carl)
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
seef158
Aluminum Star

Re: bilge pump switch

Post by seef158 »

Both of the 28' express that I've owned were wired so the float switch went directly to the battery on a fused circuit.. it saved my boat once when I left it up in Duluth for a few weeks. They got excessive rain( 10" in a week) and my shaft log leaked a bit and to top that off the hose for the bulge pump cracked so Only about 25% of the water actually ended up outside the hull, the rest was recycled inside the boat. Point is, fail safe the auto switch so it will always come on, even when the master battery switch is shut off. One of my 28s also had a rear pump as a back up should the front one fail.
1972 28' express single 318, working on getting the bugs worked out.
forest lake, mn
Duluth, mn
Washburn, wi