Facebook Group

Things that are of general interest.
barefoot99
Tin star

Re: Facebook Group

Post by barefoot99 »

legendlc wrote:Not sure if anyone here is part of the Facebook group but I have not had a Facebook account in 5 years but I created a new one to join the group. I was accepted in the group then before I could post anything I was apparently blocked. If anyone is in that group could you please pass the word that I am a real person. I am not a huge social media person at all but I would like to get knowledge and share with the group. My Facebook account was under
Al Uminum ( figured they would get the name) I am rebuilding a 1978 37 DC and boat on Lake Cumberland KY.
Try to join the FB page again, just use a real name. I can approve you after that. Hard to keep out spam.
SUP !
1982 32 Sedan FB
2269 hrs
360's-Edelbrocks, DUI
Raw water cooled
Norris Lake
Speedwell,TN.
legendlc
Aluminum Star

Post by legendlc »

Okay I understand thanks for your response.
1978 37 Double Cabin
Lake Cumberland KY
legendlc
Aluminum Star

Post by legendlc »

Okay have a name on Facebook now but still can't find the group to request access.
1978 37 Double Cabin
Lake Cumberland KY
Mobake

Post by Mobake »

jralbert wrote:One major advantage here is that forum contents are searchable (an underused feature). For FB, it has a friendlier post-an-image and video capability. Though it's really not that hard here and this site will accept pdf's but FB does not appear to
The facebook group has a "search within group" function, a "files" tab in the group with searchable pdf manuals, and is extremely user friendly when posting links and pictures of parts or issues that are too hard to otherwise explain. You're also more likely to get a quick response from FB as the app has notification settings that can be turned on or off to send a push notification to your phone/and or you can have the posts appear in your normal feed if they become popular enough. The forum doesn't have that ability.
1983 39' FB Sedan
Twin Chrysler 440s
Rubaiyat
Port of Louisville, KY
Mobake

Post by Mobake »

legendlc wrote:Okay have a name on Facebook now but still can't find the group to request access.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/marinetteboats/
1983 39' FB Sedan
Twin Chrysler 440s
Rubaiyat
Port of Louisville, KY