FastJeff Page How To posts

Things that are of general interest.
jtalberts
Aluminum Star

FastJeff Page How To posts

Post by jtalberts »

Since jeff's page is pretty unreadable due to some issue on the tripod server, I went ahead and copied the entire page to a word file and separated the postings below for everyone to have on this page. I figured this would be very helpful info to have on this page. I didn't bring over every post on his page just a few that I found really relevant. If there are any requests to be added, let me know.
1973 Marinette Seacrest Executive
41x14
Twin Chrysler 340's with Velvet Drive 71C
"Figment"
elitistbydesign
New poster

Re: FastJeff Page How To posts

Post by elitistbydesign »

Can I get a copy please? I am sure it will be very helpful.
1976 Marinette 32 Sedan Flybridge
bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bill »

BigM

I do not see any posts :?:

bill :cry:
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill
jtalberts
Aluminum Star

Post by jtalberts »

They are separate posts titled HOW TO.
1973 Marinette Seacrest Executive
41x14
Twin Chrysler 340's with Velvet Drive 71C
"Figment"
barkleydave
Site Admin

Post by barkleydave »

Since there may be a possible virus issue with Jeff's old site I am dumping any posts related to it just in case.
Rather safe than Sorry! I left the How To post on the site. I deleted my own reference (Link to the Tripod site)

Nothing personal just a small dose of caution!

safe boating,
dave
1987 Marinette 29 FB Sedan
Retired Boat Accident UL and USCG trained investigator
Retired USCG Captain
cantolina

Post by cantolina »

jtalberts wrote:Since jeff's page is pretty unreadable due to some issue on the tripod server, I went ahead and copied the entire page to a word file and separated the postings below for everyone to have on this page. I figured this would be very helpful info to have on this page. I didn't bring over every post on his page just a few that I found really relevant. If there are any requests to be added, let me know.
I've also found that if you download Jeff's entire webpage into a folder on your computer, you can "preview" the page in windows explorer, and the font is totally normal and readable. You can click for the photos, but you may have to open the photos in an editor (paint works very well) to enlarge them.

I would strongly suggest one get this in a readable form, because there is some seriously valuable information on that page.
Chuck
32' Sedan FB
Venture II
Port Colborne, ONT
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

Dave, if the transferred file is just plain txt, not sure that there can be any misschief associated with it..... If it were even a jpg that would be different
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
cantolina

Post by cantolina »

jralbert wrote:Dave, if the transferred file is just plain txt, not sure that there can be any misschief associated with it..... If it were even a jpg that would be different
My belief is that its in the coding. I haven't had a chance to sift thru it all yet, but at some point, I may try to clean it up and get it back to Jeff?
Chuck
32' Sedan FB
Venture II
Port Colborne, ONT
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Better safe than sorry!

Don't know what happened to those websites I created over there, but they're all junk now. Sorry.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
legendlc
Aluminum Star

Post by legendlc »

Agreed I am new to my new to me 37DC and she is a work in progress and after many hours on the old website and truly to resize text I can to the realization that this man"Jeff"is a genius and I cannot pull the knowledge it off the website because it was too difficult to gather. Hope there is a way to keep it alive willing to help in any way I can on this. To much valuable information to lose.
1978 37 Double Cabin
Lake Cumberland KY