New Marinette Owner introduction

cantolina

New Marinette Owner introduction

Post by cantolina »

Hello!

My name is Chuck, and I am a former Supermod at http://www.sportster.org (when I was a Harley Sportster enthusiast), so I am well aware of the value of the collective knowledge of such a forum. Thank you in advance for your willingness to share!

I've recently purchased a 32' Sedan FB. I didn't have a survey done before purchase, entirely because I was ignorant of these things, and a little impetuous. My wife and I have been looking at M's for many years, and this one just felt right, was a good deal (not a GREAT deal, but a good one), and I felt I knew what I was in for, so I bought it after my own inspection.

For the most part, I was accurate in my assessment, and we are absolutely loving learning about this boat, and have already started some interior restoration, while still in the yard, in Cleveland.

I have an upcoming survey (for insurance and family safety reasons), and there are a few M-specific things that I would like to share with you, and get some feedback on. After the survey, I will drive her out of Cleveland, and back to NY.

I will share some of these in later posts, in the appropriate areas, but I just wanted to say hello, and thanks again, in advance.

Chuck Antolina
Venture II
Attachments
Marinette.jpg
Chuck
32' Sedan FB
Venture II
Port Colborne, ONT
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: New Marinette Owner introduction

Post by jralbert »

Best wishes as you enjoy your new toy. Withholding comment on a decision to not do pre-purchase survey is a commentary in itself, I know. But you're past that point and doing it now will give you a valuable set of independent eyes on things that will increase enjoyment for years. That boat will probably outlast you as you tend to a little of this and a little of that. Your suspicion that there's solid collective wisdom here is confirmed. enjoy the waters
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by ddependo »

Welcome Captain. Lots of wisdom here.
Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"
Lincolncruiser95

Post by Lincolncruiser95 »

We too recently purchased a 32 sedan. If it helps I have a few plans while still on the hard which are safety issues. All through hulls below water I will replace with proper marelon seacocks and I also plan to replace all hoses including shaft logs. Thoroughly check your cooling system and swap new impellers .
C & K Johnson
1980 32 Sedan
Twin 360's "Pour Choices"
SE Michigan