Help me name her!

Studini
Tin star

Help me name her!

Post by Studini »

Have a couple of dear friends that grew up on a Marinette. They both bought big money boats but found me this beauty and I couldn’t pass her up! So glad to find the various “support” groups too! I’m thinking about “Get Busy Livin’” for a name.

Thoughts?
Attachments
C700D42C-E78A-405C-9001-4D971ED9C445.jpeg
88 32’ Fisherman
“Get Busy Livin”
Twin 360’s
Fairport Harbor, Ohio
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Help me name her!

Post by Busia »

Welcome, and don't be fooled, you have a big money boat also. You just haven't found out yet. It will take all your time and money; but it will keep you out of the bars. You won't have the time. You now have a full time job using or working on your boat. You won't have any trouble, these are simple to work on. (If you're skinny enough to fit all the tight places.)
You have passed the first test here, you figured out how to post a picture on this site. It's not easy. Now I'll be Bill and ask you to put your info down at the bottom of your posts. That way we know where you're at and what engines and stuff you have. Don't remember how to do it or what it's called, but you'll figure it out and then the info will be there on every post you make.
Big decision naming a boat, it's like getting married. Both rather permanent. I don't advise rushing into either. So if one is "my wife" the other would be "My Boat" Would make it easy to remember. So many problems if you slip up and use the wrong name.
Nice looking boat you have, most of the boats need paint and that is more work and more money.
BUSIA
located in Ketchikan, Alaska. Gods country
32 foot Marinette (no fly bridge)
twin 350 Crusader (Chev 350) engines
1:1 Borg Warner velvet drive transmissions
Closed cooling (antifreeze in the engine)
Proud to be retired IBEW and an A+P
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

X-T Sea
Dances with Waves
Knott My Problem
My Absolute Last Boat # 5

Etc.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
shade2u2
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by shade2u2 »

IMHO
The name choice should be personal to you. What are your interest or views toward life?
"Get Busy Livin" may be perfect for you. I like it a lot.
Otherwise, including the name of a female that is important to you is usually a good place to start. If you're married, that probably should relate to one person. lol May get away with your mother if not - maybe... lol
Enjoy that nice boat.
John
1986 39 Sedan w/Crusader 454 & 1.92 drive.
former - '84 28 Express Hardtop w/single 360 1.5:1 drive (SOLD - now in Uruguay)
Ohio and Muskingum Rivers (Marietta, OH)
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bcassedy »

I like your proposed name!!
Nice cover on the back!

Bill

ps... You'll get asked to include a signature in your posts. Auto signature can be done under your profile.
Click on your username. Under profile, choose edit. On left side of screen choose Edit Signature and make the changes you'd like us to see.
Don't forget to select "Attach a signature...." when you make your next post. That'll "stick" and you won't have to choose it again.
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.
carl
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by carl »

BigM
Last edited by carl on Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by javalin390 »

That one is laugh out loud funny Carl !! Is that a reaction when entering the South China Sea or Pearl River ??
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

That reminds me of a town in England called Wetwang. Honest!

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by ddependo »

Remember it needs to be a name you can easily use on the radio. Take your time and one day it will hit you.
Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"
shade2u2
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by shade2u2 »

Also remember the a "renaming ceremony" and it should be fun and it might keep Poseiden or Neptune watching over you... :)
John
1986 39 Sedan w/Crusader 454 & 1.92 drive.
former - '84 28 Express Hardtop w/single 360 1.5:1 drive (SOLD - now in Uruguay)
Ohio and Muskingum Rivers (Marietta, OH)