New Marinette Owner introduction

cantolina

New Marinette Owner introduction

Postby cantolina » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Hello!

My name is Chuck, and I am a former Supermod at http://www.sportster.org (when I was a Harley Sportster enthusiast), so I am well aware of the value of the collective knowledge of such a forum. Thank you in advance for your willingness to share!

I've recently purchased a 32' Sedan FB. I didn't have a survey done before purchase, entirely because I was ignorant of these things, and a little impetuous. My wife and I have been looking at M's for many years, and this one just felt right, was a good deal (not a GREAT deal, but a good one), and I felt I knew what I was in for, so I bought it after my own inspection.

For the most part, I was accurate in my assessment, and we are absolutely loving learning about this boat, and have already started some interior restoration, while still in the yard, in Cleveland.

I have an upcoming survey (for insurance and family safety reasons), and there are a few M-specific things that I would like to share with you, and get some feedback on. After the survey, I will drive her out of Cleveland, and back to NY.

I will share some of these in later posts, in the appropriate areas, but I just wanted to say hello, and thanks again, in advance.

Chuck Antolina
Venture II
Attachments
Marinette.jpg
Chuck
32' Sedan FB
Venture II
Soon to be slipped in Port Colborne, ONT

jralbert
Site Admin

Re: New Marinette Owner introduction

Postby jralbert » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:44 pm

Best wishes as you enjoy your new toy. Withholding comment on a decision to not do pre-purchase survey is a commentary in itself, I know. But you're past that point and doing it now will give you a valuable set of independent eyes on things that will increase enjoyment for years. That boat will probably outlast you as you tend to a little of this and a little of that. Your suspicion that there's solid collective wisdom here is confirmed. enjoy the waters
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD

ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

Postby ddependo » Wed May 01, 2019 7:47 am

Welcome Captain. Lots of wisdom here.
Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"

Lincolncruiser95
New poster

Postby Lincolncruiser95 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:55 pm

We too recently purchased a 32 sedan. If it helps I have a few plans while still on the hard which are safety issues. All through hulls below water I will replace with proper marelon seacocks and I also plan to replace all hoses including shaft logs. Thoroughly check your cooling system and swap new impellers .
C & K Johnson
1980 32 Sedan
Twin 360's \Nameless for now
SE Michigan