Waste Tank - 1989 32 Sedan Flybridge

Fresh & Waste Water Systems, Climate Control, etc.
yooper
Aluminum Star

Re: Waste Tank - 1989 32 Sedan Flybridge

Post by yooper »

I replaced the aluminum factory tank under the v-berth with a 20 gallon plastic tank. The metal tank had rotted out. On mine the macerator pump empties a 9 gallon waste tank under the toilet into the top of the 20 gallon tank under the v-berth. Waste is pumped out from the bottom through the deck fitting. There is a valve to close off the pump out line. Small hoses from both tanks are routed to a fixture on the hull to relieve pressure. All this stuff is easily accessed under a trap door in the v-berth. Pump outs are at the marina dock. Some earlier boats were rigged with a valve to have the macerator pump overboard. Totally illegal.
Aquaholic
Tin star

Post by Aquaholic »

Eric, Were you able to locate and/or replace and add waste or fresh water storage? I also own an 89 Sedan and would like to increase both waste and fresh water capacities. Actually, I have owned my boat for almost two years and have yet to figure out how exactly the waste system and holding works. I have two wast tank/s pump out points on the Starboard side towards the front. One of the threaded plastic caps is stuck in the fitting really well and i have not been able to remove it. i have only ever pumped out of the other one. any diagram/pics of how this system on our boat is laid out would be very helpful to me. Thanks.
Aquaholic
1989 32 Marinette Sedan "Aquaholic"
1973 28 Marinette Express "Easy Does It"
McConnelsville OH
Muskingum River
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

One of those two top side fittings never appeared to be connected to anything and I have read that other owners had the same experience. Can't recall whether it was the fwd or aft one. The only wayi t appeared to get a peek was to remove v-berth side panels.
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD