Repower Discussion

Engines, Shafts, Steering, Struts, Rudders, etc.
barefoot99
Tin star

Re: Repower Discussion

Post by barefoot99 »

BigM I got the motor back from the engine shop on Friday. Still warm from the test stand. Installed in the engine bay on Saturday and fired up on Sunday morning . Motor sounds good and has real good oil pressure.
It is getting late in the year, in TN,and the marina's closest to me are not open on Sunday , so I could not go far - low fuel :oops: .

I will be able to fuel up next Saturday A.M. and get some hours in before time to winterize . May be able to sneek in a few more weekends.

The rebuild shop owner stood behind his work , and found and showed me the mistake they made. No cost to me , just time .
Pulling the big M in and out is more of a chore than most , but all went well - lake level , parked cars etc. I wish I had access to the large boat lifts I see around on the facebook site.

I started here as newbie about 4 years ago , I have learned so much information on these awesome boats right here on the Forum .
I will help pass on any info I can to help the other members , just ask.
Doing the work yourself , while frustrating at times, is the best medicine in the world.

I will update after next weekends break in hours. - Scott
SUP !
1982 32 Sedan FB
2269 hrs
360's-Edelbrocks, DUI
Raw water cooled
Norris Lake
Speedwell,TN.
barefoot99
Tin star

Re: Repower Discussion

Post by barefoot99 »

Got 6 hours in on the new starboard engine this weekend ,in the snow storm on sat , sunday was a little better. :mrgreen:
Everything ran good , oil pressure Good ! :D
Winterize next weekend. :(
SUP !
1982 32 Sedan FB
2269 hrs
360's-Edelbrocks, DUI
Raw water cooled
Norris Lake
Speedwell,TN.