exterior hardware identification help

Corrosion, Paint, Through Hulls, etc.
RustyBoat
Tin star

exterior hardware identification help

Post by RustyBoat »

My 68 fisherman 32' came with a bucket of hardware that I cannot identify and figure out where it goes. can someone please help? Looks like the guy took it all off to paint and never put it back on (the leaks from missing hardware ruined the whole interior of the boat) and now I dont know where it goes. Can someone please send some pictures if your boat has this hardware installed. I believe most of it has to do with anchoring. I have ordered a new LED navigation light but want to return most of this hardware to the boat.

http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/rusty ... t=3&page=1
1968 32' Fisherman
beginning restoration fall of 2014

Lake Sidney Lanier
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: exterior hardware identification help

Post by jralbert »

I can identify one piece for you for sure: in the upper right hand corner of the shot with a numbers of parts displayed is a "bit" - it's got a 1" hole in it and a rod thru the top - looks like ears. That is for the point of the bow and holds the anchor line secure. The line passes thru the hole down to the rope locker in the forward v-berth. There are also a couple of chocks on display - dock lines are passed thru them - they guide the line into position. You can see them in a marine catalog. The rest of the stuff is pretty non-standard to me and some of it doesn't appear to be a complete set of anything. Use stainless metal fittings - never that zinc crap -- and you'll not regret spending a few extra bucks.
You get ten points for courage in my book, the courage to have foresight to make that boat useable. The PO was pretty negligent.
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Busia »

That part in the center.... with the big round knob is the cover for the shore power receptacle,which should be near the helm. If the boat is out in the weather I would cover all the holes on the deck with duct tape for a temporary seal. Most of the other parts are chocks and fairleads for the anchor and lines.--Ed
BUSIA
located in Ketchikan, Alaska. Gods country
32 foot Marinette (no fly bridge)
twin 350 Crusader (Chev 350) engines
1:1 Borg Warner velvet drive transmissions
Closed cooling (antifreeze in the engine)
Proud to be retired IBEW and an A+P
Supersport18
Tin star

Post by Supersport18 »

Upper right is a sampson post. Goes on the bow over your anchor line locker. The two below it are cleats,with the y shaped ears. Bottom left looks like a flag or running light bracket.
1986 Sedan Flybridge
Twin 318 closed loop
" Little Martha"
Traverse City,Mi
Hydraulic Steering (both helms)
Autopilot (both helms)
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by ddependo »

I will give a stab at these:
1st on top left to right is shift handle, windshield hardware? sampson post goes on bow
2nd, anchor line guides,wingnut for hatch,cleat
3nd row, base for light,cover for power plug, hatch holddown wingnut,cleat
4rd and 4th row are hatch hardware that keeps it open.
my guess, Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"