swim platform covering

Corrosion, Paint, Through Hulls, etc.
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

swim platform covering

Post by ddependo »

Has anyone covered their swim platform & how does it look?
Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Re: swim platform covering

Post by Fastjeff »

I covered mine with cedar planking to extend it further aft (to allow a dink boat mounting). Came out fairly nicely.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
Wardog
New poster

Post by Wardog »

You have a pic of that. I was thinking of doin the same thing. Go 2 ft over the end of platform did you space your boards out somewhat.
Spudweasel

Post by Spudweasel »

Hey Wayne, this maybe a tad bit late but I have a custom cut piece of rubber backed carpet on mine. It has a border around it and has been cut out for the ladder as well. Looks nice, isn't hot, and it's non skid. Also removable for cleaning running down river ect. Just throwing that out there as an option. Toms carpet in East Ridge could probably do something like that for you. The PO had this one done as well as one for the aft deck and the top deck over the galley.
Jason
1976 32' FB sedan twin 318 closed cooling
"Minor Adventure"
Harrison Bay
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

You could attach that carpet with snaps and leave it in place. We use to have a small carpet that never got lost even though it was just lying there on the swim platform.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by ddependo »

Thank you Jason, I will check it out next time I'm at Harrison Bay . Dockside Cafe is one of my favorite places to take the boat.
Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"