Pulpit Restoration

Corrosion, Paint, Through Hulls, etc.
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Pulpit Restoration

Post by ddependo »

Joel, well done. !4 years ago when I started I printed everything that I had interest in on the M site. Did that for years until my folder got about a foot thick. Might be a good Idea to do it again or save it somehow on my computer. You never know when something will be lost. Carl contributed a lot and I appreciate his knowledge.
Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

Backup back backup before its too l........ . . . . . . . . . .
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
barefoot99
Tin star

Post by barefoot99 »

jralbert wrote:I'll repeat what TinLizzy wrote: Carl was and still is a valued contributor to the forum and your rather nasty assessment doesn't change that. You don't have a clue why Carl's material disappeared, nor do we. There may be a technical reason why it did..or maybe some other explanation..but it doesn't matter. It's good enough for me that it simply disappeared with absolutely no harm to anyone except for a tiny dent in someone's curiosity.

It costs you nothing to get the valuable info spread on site..info that you concede you soaked in but contributed nothing while lurking (Even a query is valuable for it stimulates discussion that might lead to solutions). Your sense of entitlement is appalling.

As one of the longest (maybe the longest) member of the board tracing back two or three web sites over a span of more than 20 years, I can say without worry about being contradicted the post that went up in your name (could it have been forged) is the most strident and unwarranted ever. I understand you'll be offended at this post and I suppose I'd be wiser to let you make a spectacle without comment, but I couldn't resist - it's been that kind of month.

This post will disappear when my blood pressure subsides. In the meantime, a wave at the 99.9% of positive contributors here

Joel, first thank you - we have all appreciated the efforts you have put in. This is a great forum, every now and then opinion slips in. I have been around thru 2 changes in the format and love all the input from M owners. It seems that some of us drift away at times for many reasons. I feel like I know some of people on here, and I really only have met 2 members. The experiences shared on here save lots of time and headache for new owners, something I once was. I just wish we could revive Fast Jeff's website for all. What a great source of information and pictorials that was. Bless you Jeff for taking the time.. And the rest of the admins -a huge thank you,we will most likely never meet, but our BIg M is better because of you all.
SUP !
1982 32 Sedan FB
2269 hrs
360's-Edelbrocks, DUI
Raw water cooled
Norris Lake
Speedwell,TN.