Burgundy paint

Corrosion, Paint, Through Hulls, etc.
jeboniface
Tin star

Burgundy paint

Post by jeboniface »

I'm looking for some burgundy pain to do some touch up on my 28. The stripe below the rub rail was damaged by a short dock post and I also need to paint the rear rail after cutting a transom gate and capped the ends. I'd prefer a small can and use a brush but would consider anything that would match, even a rattle can of some exterior paint as long as the color matched.

Jim
EWRice
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Burgundy paint

Post by EWRice »

Depending on the age and amount of fading for the paint you want to touch up, it is going to be difficult to find a match. Chances are it is no where near the color it was new. I took a sample of my blue paint to a local automotive/industrial paint speciality store. They worked their magic and came up with a special mix that I think was perfect. The issue is that the new, glossy paint looks darker than the chalky old paint. I polished a small section of the old paint and it matched perfect.

I used the Omni product line of paints (acrylic enamel) and have had very good luck with it. I have used their 2 stage paints and been very happy as well.
Muskegon Lake
1972 32' Express flybridge
"AL13"
Twin 318s
On board air & prime 920
1963 Thompson Super Sea Lancer
Graymarine 327
1961 Alumacraft 12'
'55 10hp Johnson
jeboniface
Tin star

Re: Burgundy paint

Post by jeboniface »

Thanks, I figured it has faded. I'll take the section of rain that I cut out and take it to the paint store. I've used Omni for a car that I re3paired but used the single stage.