Where can you find owner history? Just purchased 32 sedan fly bridge

Bigarrn
New poster

Where can you find owner history? Just purchased 32 sedan fly bridge

Post by Bigarrn »

Wanted to know if there is a site/place to find out all about my new to me boat?
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: Where can you find owner history? Just purchased 32 sedan fly bridge

Post by jralbert »

I'm only familiar with the US Coast Guard documentation center in W VA that tracks documentation and ownership. Can't think of anything that's like a CarFax to detail mishaps and repair records. The boat business, sorry to say, is the wild west

That aside (you may not be asking about YOUR boat's history) -- any specific you want to know because there's a lot of experienced buzzards hanging around here and if you do even a little research, there's a wealth of knowledge about questions previously asked and answered.
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
TinLizzy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by TinLizzy »

The original Aluminum Cruisers business that made the Marinette's went out of business in the early 90's. A gentleman named John Althouse purchased the rights to the company, and had carried a few of the most common parts that were wear items and such. But he had a stroke a few years back, his father was helping out with some of the orders, I have not heard if they are still doing any business or not. Bigarm, this site is the best option for an info on your 32 sedan.
Rodney
1975 28 Express-Twin 350 Chevy's, SOLD
1990 32 Express--Twin Mercruiser 454 with Bravo I outdrives
Portage Canal Waterway-Upper Peninsula,Lake Superior
Bigarrn
New poster

Post by Bigarrn »

Thanks for your assistance I am just curious about the number of owners and such. I am new to the marinette seen and only know that my boat was re-powered with 5.7 crusaders
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

Whoops, forgot that your state boat licensing agency (or the state where the boat has been registered) can be be helpful. But what they will need is registration number info. Another thing you can do is some detective legwork. Contact the party from whom you bought it...ask them if they can help with the PO's and so forth. It's what we did in the news reporting business and while you dial for the info, we called it legwork. I guess that dates back to the earlier telephone days when you got off your axx and knocked on doors. Good luck
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD