Looking for a couple things for the boat

Things that are of general interest.
JEB
Tin star

Looking for a couple things for the boat

Post by JEB »

I have a 1987/88 B floor plan 32 with fly bridge
360 motors, Gen set, AC and windless.
I think they have only made 7 of the B floor plan boats.
I have been a member for quite some time but just re did my log on info

I need to get a water temp sensor for the alarm and Im not sure which one to get and what temp.
The original had the blade push on connector that got brok off while I was doing some motor work

I am also on the lookout for a couple rungs for the swim platform ladder as 2 of them are cracked or broken.
Makes it tough to get back in the boat from the water...
I think I could get them from Marinette company but they are expensive, will go that rout if I have to though

Thanks for any info

JB
Rivetman
Tin star

Re: Looking for a couple things for the boat

Post by Rivetman »

Hi JB...try this site if you need the rungs or parts etc. I think they may have what you are seeking. I'm trying to find the aluminum flag vane for my cabin top...someone stole mine! www.garelick.com lots of parts that are original OEM parts for the Marinette. Also Perko and C Sherman Johnson.
Rivetman
1973 28FB Express "Whisper" on the hard @ Tucker Engineered Lumberyard Yaght Club and Reggae Bar...I dream of H2O, not gravel!
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

..."I need to get a water temp sensor for the alarm and Im not sure which one to get and what temp. The original had the blade push on connector that got broke off while I was doing some motor work."

Auto Zone. About 8 bucks. Look for a 1985 Dodges with a V-8. The one you want has ONE blade, not 3 (which has another use). Just bought one.

Jeff
PS: That's a SWITCH, not a SENSOR (which runs the gage).
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
JEB
Tin star

Post by JEB »

Thanks for the info R Man and Jeff
Jeff do you know what temp the switch is set for?

I hit the risers with a laser temp gun and for some reason I have one riser that runs about 20 degrees hotter than the others. they run about 105 and the hot one runs about 120 or so at idle. Strange thing is the one running hotter is a new manifold and riser while the others are older....... will replace the others soon as well.

JB
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Doh! It's an OIL PRESSURE switch, not a temp switch. (Got those on the brain lately.)

On mine (RWC) I use some (hard to find) 180 ' switches in the block and 200 ' F ones in each riser.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
JEB
Tin star

Post by JEB »

mine is also RWC,

WOW 200 for the alarm seems kinda high
is that the factory spec?
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

That's for the exhaust system only. Hard to find those 180 switches.

Jeff
JEB
Tin star

Post by JEB »

luckily i only broke the one and the others still are working well.
thanks for the info...

does anyone have a lead on ladder rungs?
that is a great site at garelick but i didn't see rungs
might have to get them from marinette
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Warning to all: Those temp alarm switches that have been in place for....decades, possibly...need to be removed and tested in a bucket of boiling water with an ohm meter. If not, you're not really safe if a rag, plastic bag or whatever suddenly blocks the water inlet strainer. Of the 6 switches on my boat, more than half were non-operative. Naturally, I found that out after it was too late.

Would you believe my port motor destroyed itself in 30 seconds when this happened? Boat was on plane at 2,500 rpms when a rag (or ?) blocked off the strainer. Rod bearings spun and paint was burnt off the heads on a 15 degree angle.(Think on that a second.) What a mess.

After that disaster I installed low water pressure alarms on both motors. These alarms go off if the water pressure in the block drops to what it is at idle speeds. From about 2,000 rpms upward the alarms stay off--unless there's a problem.

Jeff

PS: I have a video of the LWP alarm system in operation if you want to see it. I also have a diagram on its construction.
bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bill »

Jeff (aka fastjeff)
I would like the information on your LWP alarm system and your diagram on its construction.
Thank
Bill
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill