anodes from John A

Things that are of general interest.
sittinduck

anodes from John A

Post by sittinduck »

I ordered and paid for anodes last fall from John about the time he had his stroke. My credit card was charged but I never received the anodes and cannot reach him via phone or email. Any suggestions? thanks. gk
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: anodes from John A

Post by jralbert »

Since you have tried unsuccessfully to contact John, consider calling your credit card company to reverse the charges. A mailed letter might help but that's in question, too. You don't have many options here and may wind up writing it all off. Meanwhile, don't let the boat go unprotected while you sort this out - get another set of anodes.
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Busia »

You should be able to call the credit card company and contest the charge. If it is a VISA don't be surprised if they refuse to help you. I had problems with VISA and will never, ever have one again. All I can do is warn everyone. Have a MasterCard now and they are great.
For the anodes, the best place I have found is BoatZincs.com or 978-841-9978. They know what you need, and have good prices.--Ed
BUSIA
located in Ketchikan, Alaska. Gods country
32 foot Marinette (no fly bridge)
twin 350 Crusader (Chev 350) engines
1:1 Borg Warner velvet drive transmissions
Closed cooling (antifreeze in the engine)
Proud to be retired IBEW and an A+P
sittinduck

Post by sittinduck »

thanks. I was always losing the pencils from my shirt pocket so a friend gave me a couple pencils clips- from IBEW Local Union #145 in Rock island, IL. Work great.
bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bill »

sittinduck wrote:thanks. I was always losing the pencils from my shirt pocket so a friend gave me a couple pencils clips- from IBEW Local Union #145 in Rock island, IL. Work great.
:?
BigM
Okay I'll bite :!:
What does this have to do with boat zinks or anodes :?:
bill
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Busia »

Maybe it's because you have to crawl under the boat to put the anodes on, and when you are crawling around under there everything falls out of your pockets. Like your phone, and your knife, and keys, and parts, and lists, and the TV remote and stuff you've been looking for. But your pencil is still safe in your pocket. Because you have a pencil clip. Mine says IBEW Local Union 1547. My info says " Proud to be retired IBEW " Working union kept me safe and alive, and made it possible to retire and have a boat. We also have nice tee shirts.-Ed
BUSIA
located in Ketchikan, Alaska. Gods country
32 foot Marinette (no fly bridge)
twin 350 Crusader (Chev 350) engines
1:1 Borg Warner velvet drive transmissions
Closed cooling (antifreeze in the engine)
Proud to be retired IBEW and an A+P