weather

Things that are of general interest.
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

weather

Post by ddependo »

Going to get down 10 deg tonight & colder tomorrow. Going down to put a blanket on my baby. Hate to think how cold is for you guys above the Mason-Dixon line. I keep a heater in cabin & bilge is all good unless we loose power. Then have to do quick winterize. Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"
Roger2
Aluminum Star

Re: weather

Post by Roger2 »

Wayne,
2 degrees in Petersburg, IL this AM, with wind chill of - 25! I'm out of the water and fully winterized. I would really like to move somewhere farther South & keep boat in water year round. Hope you and family have a great year.

Roger
"Sea Jay" a 37' Double cabin with twin factory Volvo diesels, 230 HP each. Twin Disk 1.54 Trans turning DynaQuad 19X21 props.
Roger Brown
Petersburg, IL
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Busia »

Up here in Alaska we have +42 F. Had a little snow for a day and the rain washed it away. Of course way up north it's -40.
Might put some crab pots out at the dock, I like hot crab right out of the pot. Good plain, really good with butter.
Hope the gas prices stay down and everybody and their boats are doing well this year. --Ed
BUSIA
located in Ketchikan, Alaska. Gods country
32 foot Marinette (no fly bridge)
twin 350 Crusader (Chev 350) engines
1:1 Borg Warner velvet drive transmissions
Closed cooling (antifreeze in the engine)
Proud to be retired IBEW and an A+P
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by ddependo »

Rodger, We visited when you did the loop. You came up to Chattanooga. Be great to have you down south where we boat year round.
Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"
GB49
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by GB49 »

Its times like this when I sit around thinking if I winterized everything on the boat correctly.
Love the change in seasons. :roll:
1986 Sedan 32'. Twin Chrysler 360in^3, 275hp.
Forum member since 1998.
Roger2
Aluminum Star

Post by Roger2 »

Ed,
Don't rub it in on that 42F, it was -0.6 @ 7:00 AM today. Yesterday was about 4 for a high but with 20 MPH winds! -25 wind chill!

Wayne, I remember well our meeting & dinner with your family and Gary Kramer at Watts Barr!
I, got pictures of you, Gary & I some where & of your family.
C J & I have talked about moving our boat South.

Stay warm everyone.
Roger
"Sea Jay" a 37' Double cabin with twin factory Volvo diesels, 230 HP each. Twin Disk 1.54 Trans turning DynaQuad 19X21 props.
Roger Brown
Petersburg, IL