I am probably going to sell my 37 over the next year

Things that are of general interest.
marinetteman
Site Admin

I am probably going to sell my 37 over the next year

Post by marinetteman »

Fortunato II, despite everything I love about owning her, probably has to go next year. She has 2007 EFI Crusaders and 2007 Onan and lots of basically good stuff. I will fix her up for sale. The strong EFI Crusader 350's, hydraulic steering, stainless rudders, electronic controls, rewiring of the 12 volt with shut offs outside, no tar in the bilge, and the newer 2007 Onan generator makes her an excellent buy. She is documented with the Coast Guard. She sits on my dock on Aquia Creek.

My family needs will compel the sale, and I need a far smaller, more maintainable boat in my life. I retire in 15 years and I need to let this go.
----------------------------------------------------------------- On the site --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The site will continue (web site services are paid up for 5 years 2019, Domain name through 2024 ,SSL through 2016, and Sitelock through 2016) , but the site will need to be transitioned to a new owner and team. I am loath to pass the site to any that will not maintain the site, add content, or who will charge a high membership. Therefore I will not sell the site to any persons who do not maintain the web sites.

In various forms, the content on the site has been maintained (PDFs exist of all the old site posts over the past 10 years are online here).

We limped along the last couple of years, but the new site works better, and the site is more secure.
Thank you
37 Foot Sedan Twin EFI Crusader 350s
Admin (forum founder)
Marinetteman (marinettejoe) BigM
billash
New poster

Re: I am probably going to sell my 37 over the next year

Post by billash »

Sorry to hear that Joe! As much as I hate to say it, I may have to follow suit within the next couple of years.
Bill Ash
WJ II
1990 32' Sedan FB
Syracuse, NY
yooper
Aluminum Star

Post by yooper »

Hang in there. Boat prices are way down and gas prices are getting better. I only have three boats.
JoeB
New poster

Post by JoeB »

That's a shame Joe. I appreciated ALL U have done, Again, Thanks, JoeB
MetalHead
Site Admin

Post by MetalHead »

Joe,

I am ready to take on the site when your ready to pass her over to me.

Mike
1959 Family Cruiser - Sold - Gary Dick - 12/05/14
1963 Express 31x10 - Sold - Joe & Ginger Tabor - 01/21/2017
1963 Express 31x8.5 - In Dry Dock - Restore Underway
1987 Sportsman - Lay Lake (Coosa River) Alabama
Big BigM 's Rule !!!
Columbiana, AL
marinetteman
Site Admin

Post by marinetteman »

MetalHead wrote:Joe,

I am ready to take on the site when your ready to pass her over to me.

Mike
Yes, That will be great, I will check out how to finalize everything, and we need a succession plan (backup person) for the site owner. For now you have a long while to maintain, and sustain the site. The number of attacks got pretty bad when I first moved.

Two items : No fees for the site; other than volunteer contributions. The hassle of managing money isn't worth the amount collected. Ads and money are targets for hackers. I don't collect because the collections aren't worth the hassle. Second; use Sitelock and other services to ensure the site remains secure. Many boat sites are very insecure and infected with malware.

From Bill Knight on Delphi forums to today's site, we've moved a bit and the site information is critical to keeping these boats around.
Thank you
37 Foot Sedan Twin EFI Crusader 350s
Admin (forum founder)
Marinetteman (marinettejoe) BigM
WRHogan
New poster

Post by WRHogan »

Times in our life call for changes in what is important at that point. As you know this site is and has been wonderful !,, I don't post much slow learner... I am Newley retired Agri teacher, high School principal, doing metal fab, art craft work....I retired July 1 2013, got my marinette project hauled to my brothers barn in August 2013, build a cradle for her. But have not got started working on her .... Not sure where to start.... 32' Sedan.... 88 model. I down sized from a 50' Gibson ....., I have owned sevearal boats!!! Thanks again for all you do!
Cd
W.R.Hogan
Arkansas River Rat
32' 1985 Sadan project, Ms. K
;)
Supersport18
Tin star

Post by Supersport18 »

Times in our life call for changes in what is important at that point. As you know this site is and has been wonderful !,, I don't post much slow learner... I am Newley retired Agri teacher, high School principal, doing metal fab, art craft work....I retired July 1 2013, got my marinette project hauled to my brothers barn in August 2013, build a cradle for her. But have not got started working on her .... Not sure where to start.... 32' Sedan.... 88 model. I down sized from a 50' Gibson ....., I have owned sevearal boats!!! Thanks again for all you do!
Cd

CD,

Sounds like an interesting topic to start a new thread with! Lots of knowledge on this forum. What is the overall condition of your 32? Need repowering? Interior in reasonable condition ?
1986 Sedan Flybridge
Twin 318 closed loop
" Little Martha"
Traverse City,Mi
Hydraulic Steering (both helms)
Autopilot (both helms)