1966 26' Express Chevrolet 350 Conversion

Things that are of general interest.
sfry
New poster

1966 26' Express Chevrolet 350 Conversion

Post by sfry »

Good evening, I am fortunate enough to be the third owner of a 1966 26' Express.
The previous owners were as meticulous as I am and I have records from when this old girl lost her first tooth. She draws the thumbs up and questions everywhere she goes weather on the trailer or on the H20...

Sometime between 1977 and 1982 the second owners swapped out the original Chrysler for a Chevrolet here in Georgia. The issue that I am having is matching up the OMC / Chevrolet numbers, we have put a lot of hours on her and the initial drip from water impeller pump has turned into a spray.

Can any of you all recommend, advise or send me a hyperlink for tracking down this vintage recipe, attached is the OMC data plate on our engine.

The impeller pump is unlike anything that I can find online and I am hoping to get back down to the coast soon.

Scott Fry
Attachments
1966 Marinette Express.jpg
H2O Pump.jpg
OMC Stern Drive VIN.jpg
louism58
Tin star

Re: 1966 26' Express Chevrolet 350 Conversion

Post by louism58 »

Looks like this one but hard to tell with the picture

https://www.amazon.com/CIRCULATING-WATE ... B019G9AVC2

Louis
sfry
New poster

Post by sfry »

Rear H2O Pump House.jpg
Thanks for checking Lois, I wish that it was that easy. Here are the pictures after I removed it:
Attachments
H2O Impeller.jpg
louism58
Tin star

Post by louism58 »

Interesting I can not find a OMC model A 990336 D I can fine parts for the A version.

I would say contact a OMC shop that provides parts for old motors and have them research it for you
sfry
New poster

Post by sfry »

Thank you again for the feedback Louis, unfortunately the previous OMC dealer in the largest county in the state of GA has a kid that suggested that I buy a new boat...

Needless to say, that has given me the challenge to throw a little wake his way. I will figure it ou, people have doubted me all of my life...
Hammer on, Scott
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Busia »

[quote="sfry"]Thank you again for the feedback Louis, unfortunately the previous OMC dealer in the largest county in the state of GA has a kid that suggested that I buy a new boat..."

Simple. Tell him you are going to buy another boat. A really good boat. Better than any he has for sale. Tell him you are going to buy another Marinette.
Also, that gas filter "gascolator" with the glass bowl is unsafe and illegal.
I would consider changing the whole pump and bracket to something you can find parts for.
BUSIA
located in Ketchikan, Alaska. Gods country
32 foot Marinette (no fly bridge)
twin 350 Crusader (Chev 350) engines
1:1 Borg Warner velvet drive transmissions
Closed cooling (antifreeze in the engine)
Proud to be retired IBEW and an A+P
TinLizzy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by TinLizzy »

I went with a Johnson pump f6b ( I believe ) crankshaft driven pump on my chevy's. If you have clearance in front of the engine, that would be an option.
Rodney
1975 28 Express-Twin 350 Chevy's, SOLD
1990 32 Express--Twin Mercruiser 454 with Bravo I outdrives
Portage Canal Waterway-Upper Peninsula,Lake Superior