Stalling Problems and this Forum

Things that are of general interest.
Tuggle
Aluminum Star

Stalling Problems and this Forum

Post by Tuggle »

After reading Leviathon's post about stalling problems it prompted me to dive back into my own stalling problem's. After rebuilding the engines, transmissions, new ignition system's, carbs-Edelbrock 1409's, everything, still was experiencing stalling problems. After reading Bills post about flooding and pressure regulators I researched Edelbrock 1409 fuel pressure requirements and low an behold my pressure was high, a little over 7 psi. Installed regulators this morning, preset at 5.5, from the moment the engines cranked a smooth-reliable idle-NIRVANA! Ran around all afternoon from idle to cruise and back, many times, not the first stall. Would like to thank everyone for info sharing, little tips like this can make all the difference in the world.
"Deplorable", 1975 32' Express, Twin 318's, Raw Water Cooled, Lake Lanier, Ga.
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Stalling Problems and this Forum

Post by ddependo »

I too use fuel pressure regulators, but they prone to leak fuel. I( have had to replace several over the years and not sure if they are uscg approved. Keep your fuel sniffer working. Just saying
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

The Holley product seems to be fairly reliable. Used several of them over the years (and still are). I suppose the ethanol in the gas does in the diaphragm of other brands.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
Tuggle
Aluminum Star

Post by Tuggle »

Will look into the Holley's as time goes along, the ones I purchased were cheapo's. Since beaning installed have logged about ten hours without a single stall, smooth 600 rpm idle, my wife even commented on how well it was running.
"Deplorable", 1975 32' Express, Twin 318's, Raw Water Cooled, Lake Lanier, Ga.