Windshield seals

Things that are of general interest.
GloryDays

Windshield seals

Post by GloryDays »

Does anyone know where to get replacement seals for around the windows as well as the ones on the frames. 1979 32ft sedan
Attachments
0BFAF94A-1FC2-4B4F-ABEF-0C36B1503B6C.jpeg
GloryDays

Re: Windshield seals

Post by GloryDays »

Anyone know?
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

I suppose the silence means no one has suggestions. But here's a couple. Take a couple of closeups and see if an outfit like West Marine has anything like what you are seeking. Also, I have long been a fan of Blaine Windows for window and door hardware/repair. Their stock of stuff is wide and deep. Send them the pic , perhaps with dimensions. The seals may also turn out to be a standard Home Depot gasket item. Good luck
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

I suppose the silence means no one has suggestions. But here's a couple. Take a couple of closeups and see if an outfit like West Marine has anything like what you are seeking. Also, I have long been a fan of Blaine Windows for window and door hardware/repair. Their stock of stuff is wide and deep. Send them the pic , perhaps with dimensions. The seals may also turn out to be a standard Home Depot gasket item. Good luck
-joel-
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

If your concern is that the rubber is leaking at the glass/ frame joint, there is a product out there that seals it beautifully. The only problem is, I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. It's a white liquid that dries to seal the joint.

As I recall, it was made in England.

Can anyone recall what that stuff is called?

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

(Jeff..our brains are aging together) I think the very good leak sealer Jeff mentioned is Capt Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure - it's a thin (not viscous) liquid that finds its way into tiny openings and seals them effectively. A little bit goes a long way. Widely available. Google it.
-joel-
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

..."Capt Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure"

That's it! Thanks, Joel. I was wracking what little is left of my brains.

That stuff works very well at sealing windshield leaks. Sometimes it takes a few applications, if the gap is large.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
GloryDays

Post by GloryDays »

Thanks