Perko Fuel Filter stock number

jralbert
Site Admin

Perko Fuel Filter stock number

Post by jralbert »

For those of you who have the old (but still very effective) Perko fuel filter with the ceramic cartridge, I attached the label giving you the part number when they eventually become harder to find.. (and now, having posted it for posterity, I can throw out the label)
Attachments
PerkoFuelFilter.jpg
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Perko Fuel Filter stock number

Post by javalin390 »

Thanks for the info, as I'm always on the look-out for the hard to find/obsolete parts. If your boat is equipt with these filters and you cannot locate a set, they are cleanable. Provided they haven't deteriorated to the point of needed to replace, that is. Mine is a 1975, and I pulled them out (probably the first time they had ever been out) and was lucky they were still fully intact, but...they were nearly plugged shut with rust, gunk & debris (the filter housing was 1/3 full of water !!). Honestly don't see how she ran. Not knowing where to look to even find them, and wondering if I would have to update them to a newer style filter. I went to my local parts store and bought a one gallon can of carb cleaner, the one gallon can that you can actually drop entire carb in to soak. I dropped both elements in there for a couple days, and they came out looking like new. NAPA sells the one gallon cans in its Mac's line, #6402, and Gunk Automotive products sells it too. Hope this helps.
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
tundrarules
Aluminum Star

Post by tundrarules »

Wonder if you could just spray the filters with carb cleaner to clean them out? I may try it this weekend.

:ugeek:
1985 29 Sedan
Edelbrock 1409 carbs
Mallory distributors
Pertronix Flame-Thrower coil & wires
780 hrs/eng
TN River, MM 213.8

:mrgreen:
express28

Post by express28 »

I have one of these filters that I no longer need. If interested email or PM me. I also have the original brass housing that came off of my 77 Express which is in good condition.
seef158
Aluminum Star

Post by seef158 »

You can clean them with carb or brake clean, just spray from the inside out.
1972 28' express single 318, working on getting the bugs worked out.
forest lake, mn
Duluth, mn
Washburn, wi