Everything Marinette

bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Everything Marinette

Post by bill »

BigM

A big thanks to a facebook friend. :D

Lots a important info from Fastjeffs old Marinette site that were thought to be gone forever. :o

WOW

https://sites.google.com/view/marinetteboats/home

bill
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill
legendlc
Aluminum Star

Re: Everything Marinette

Post by legendlc »

Amen and WOW. This is priceless to someone like myself who has a project and trying to save a once well kept and well maintained big M. Thank you so much!!!
1978 37 Double Cabin
Lake Cumberland KY
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bcassedy »

:D This is great news!!! Being able to access this info is an invaluable resource! Many thanks for bringing it back for the use of the forum!

Bill n Sharon
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

I am humbled--and that don't happen very often!

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by javalin390 »

AWESOME ! I have a question on one of the post's. In the post for repair of railings, there are photo's of the aluminum & teak tread steps found on some M's. (mine has these). I have searched high and low for new ones, even on motorhome web sites, but cannot find replacements. Were these step treads exclusive to Marinettes? I thought about making little thin strips of wood to replace them, but that seems like it would be a pain. When the wood is cleaned up and oiled, they look great, but the wood is starting to shrink and break. Any ideas ?
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
GB49
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by GB49 »

javalin390 wrote:AWESOME ! I have a question on one of the post's. In the post for repair of railings, there are photo's of the aluminum & teak tread steps found on some M's. (mine has these). I have searched high and low for new ones, even on motorhome web sites, but cannot find replacements. Were these step treads exclusive to Marinettes? I thought about making little thin strips of wood to replace them, but that seems like it would be a pain. When the wood is cleaned up and oiled, they look great, but the wood is starting to shrink and break. Any ideas ?

I always thought they came from the factory with only wood treads. Maybe Marinette used the aluminum with wood strips on the earlier models??
The original wood only treads were in bad shape so I made new ones with the table saw. Single blade made the perfect cut lines. Also used starboard. No more teak oil or varnish. They have been in service for 10+ years and look like new with zero maintenance.
1986 Sedan 32'. Twin Chrysler 360in^3, 275hp.
Forum member since 1998.
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bcassedy »

My '88 SB came with the aluminum/teak treads.

Bill
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

My 1988 boat was equipped with wood only treads and I replaced them with Plasteak, never to oil again.
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
legendlc
Aluminum Star

Post by legendlc »

Someone needs to find a way to take all of fastjeff's post and make a searchable thread for themselves lol. I was just over reading a post on marineengines forum and something he posted in 2015 is exactly what I think my ignition problem was. I was getting 12volts to the panel but only 8 volts back to the motor. He mentioned he had a bad 12v switch on his panel. I remembered that when I purchased my project some genius with a drill left a 1/4 hole through the roof behind the panel to install a huge stereo and speakers. The wood was all discolored around my circuit breakers and on the dash itself and I had significant signs of water damage. I installed new batteries a few weeks ago and ever switch worked and all 12v systems work. Some switches took dozens of flips on and off before they started working but they all did. Anyway back to Jeff's comment on loosing power from the helm ignition back to the coil I checked s few switches and did find a couple that didn't check out and after removing them on my old wire that I cut coming back from the ignition I had 12volts. That was the first time ever it has always been 8v. Anyway I had already abandoned the wiring and installed a relay at the motor and am getting 12v straight from the battery now but man what a find.
1978 37 Double Cabin
Lake Cumberland KY
GB49
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by GB49 »

Looks like they may have been made by Garelick. Don't see them in the product lineup anymore but might give them a call.

https://www.garelick.com/
1986 Sedan 32'. Twin Chrysler 360in^3, 275hp.
Forum member since 1998.