87 29 FB for sale

barkleydave
Site Admin

87 29 FB for sale

Post by barkleydave »

I have been an-administrator for the site for many years I have a 1987 29 flybridge 2 318 original paint excellent interior runs well in water slip paid until June 2022 hate to sell but health issues and too many boats ..come and get it 15,000 firm

Lake Barkley Ky

Thanks
1987 Marinette 29 FB Sedan
Retired Boat Accident UL and USCG trained investigator
Retired USCG Captain
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Re: 87 29 FB for sale

Post by Fastjeff »

Sorry to hear that. I too have had to drop out of boating--too old and getting forgetful. (Took off twice without remembering to pull the anchor.)

I've seen bought myself a kayak (don't laugh!) and paddle it about where I live. Satisfying and I'm unlikely to hurt anybody else.

Jeff

PS: Couldn't leave it alone, however. Since built a rudder deal for it to make it go straighter.
Attachments
Shipyard Landing-2.JPG
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
markshappycampers
New poster

Post by markshappycampers »

Hi Barkley Dave! What is the ownership history? Pictures? What needs does the vessel have? If you choose, you may contact me directly at 69pluckebaum@gmail.com - Thanks, Mark!
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

Great exercise, Jeff. There's a time for everything. Sorry to hear Dave is selling the M but again, time for everything. (But don't lose sight of the site)
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
markshappycampers
New poster

Post by markshappycampers »

In addition to my previous inquiry .............. what is the condition of the bottom and when was it's last inspection?
barkleydave
Site Admin

Post by barkleydave »

For those interested here is a quick summary.

Boat was purchased new I believe in Wisconsin. Spent life on Lake Michigan and wintered in indoor storage in Whitewater Mi.

I purchased her in 2005

Org. engines 318's well cared for. Uses no oil but leaks a little less than 1/2 quart per season if that.

Boat lives in Kentucky year round in water covered slip. I do not run her hard and running less than 25 hrs per season mostly off plane to coves for overnights.

Boat is hauled every 3 years for inspection and bottom paint striped to bare and recoated with proper etching and barrier coats. No galvanic corrosion anodes cleaned and replaced as needed.

Well equipped with Radar, 2 vhf radios, 1800 watt inverter, refirg alcohol stove etc. Removed water heater but still plumed for one.

Best to come and see her slip payed until June 2022.

2019 Last haul out bottom painted and Port Cutless bearing replaced.

Will be winterizing Mid October.

Asking $14000 as where is.

Thanks.
Retired USCG Captain
barkleydave
Site Admin

Post by barkleydave »

I am not out of boating in fact working on 1948 18 ft Chris Craft Sportsman. Just not using the M like I should and slip fees are becoming a unwelcome expense.

When it is completed I hope to go to classic in-water shows with her. Looking for a Name so jump in with suggestions!
20210908_132233.jpg
Retired USCG Captain
barkleydave
Site Admin

Post by barkleydave »

Wood Duck.jpg
She has a name!
Turns out I have more invested in the Chris Craft than my Marinette.

It is a desease ya know!
Retired USCG Captain
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

"My Last Boat # (something)"

Gotta love those old C C. Amazing how many boats they built and shipping from where they were built way inland).

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
barkleydave
Site Admin

Post by barkleydave »

What amazes me is I see pontoom boats selling for over 80K! Wakeboard boats over 125K and 30 foot Forumulas selling for over 400K!

We can't get 20K for great looking and running Big M's!

I have received some inquires all just tire kikers wanting endless photos etc. No serious buyers.
Retired USCG Captain