looking for trailer/info for 1970 28'

Va7thson
New poster

Re: looking for trailer/info for 1970 28'

Post by Va7thson »

Thanks for all the input. After hours of research and searching, I have pulled the trigger on a new trailer. Probably not the smartest decision in my life but I decided being legal, safe, and having a properly fit trailer was priority. I hope I'm not the only one that has questioned there decision with writing a check(ouch) or the justification of money spent regarding our passion for the Big M's. The boat will never be worth the cost of the trailer and I guess some will question my sanity as my wife has. As I have quoted many times regarding my passion and support for Harley Davidsons, "If I have to explain you won't understand". Although permits are required, having the flexibility to tow it myself to any location for a season or a month has its appeal as I get closer to retirement. With the 2020 year being what it has been the outdoor recreation business has been booming and the lead time for the trailer is 12 to 14 weeks. This will give me time to finish a couple other projects, sell a Harley or two along with several other toys as I tool up to start the restoration. Once compete one of my first trips will be to go from KY lake to Cincinnati for a 3way and cheese coney. This is a trip my father attempted several times but that’s another story.
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Re: looking for trailer/info for 1970 28'

Post by Fastjeff »

Good for you. A

If my wife is any gage, yours will come around after you spend a few nights on the hook. The "Admiral" still talks of how much she liked that, 4 years after selling our Marinette.

Jeff

PS: Tell her how much you're going to save in not paying a marina winter storage fees, year after year.
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington