Wanted Trailer for 28 Sportsman Twin

sckaras

Wanted Trailer for 28 Sportsman Twin

Post by sckaras »

Looking for a trailer for 28 Sportsman with Twins, doesn't have to be New but Good Shape and road worthy...
Willing to travel if its worth it
seef158
Aluminum Star

Re: Wanted Trailer for 28 Sportsman Twin

Post by seef158 »

I've been down the road of used trailers, i looked at probably 20-30 used trailers in the 3000.00 range. I ended up buying one temporarily to get my boat home from Michigan to Minnesota. I had to buy 5 new tires for it, modify it for my boat, fix the lights, and it didn't even have a winch. In the end I sold the used trailer and bought a brand new venture aluminum I beam trailer. I was just shy of 5000 out the door with tax, and worth every penny in my opinion. All the used trailers I saw needed tires, lights, etc. I got all the money back out of the used trailer when I sold it, but not my time for locating and working on it.
1972 28' express single 318, working on getting the bugs worked out.
forest lake, mn
Duluth, mn
Washburn, wi
yooper
Aluminum Star

Re: Wanted Trailer for 28 Sportsman Twin

Post by yooper »

I got two used trailers both needed a lot of work which meant a big hassle for me. I still will need 10 new tires in the next couple of years. Check out new if you need a trailer to manage your boat. My best trailer is a slideon which was worth restoring. The other was a cheap but a piece of crap. https://www.slideon.com